Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Things I Love About Judah & Tucker

I love...
  • the way Tucker stands up in his crib to say 'good morning' to me when I walk through their door to get them up and ready for their day.
  • that they thump their one leg on the crib mattress while falling asleep at night.
  • the 'old man' gait with which Judah walks...very slowly, cautiously, yet beaming with pride that he's taking steps.
  • the way Tucker walks around with his hands clasped together behind his back like he's a military officer keeping the troops in line.
  • the way they both laugh uncontrollably whenever they're tickled.
  • how Judah snuggles into my neck when I pick him up out of his sleep before I go to bed.
  • that Tucker can sleep right through Judah's wailing but as soon as he hears my ankle crack, he jumps right up out of his slumber to see what is going on.
  • that Judah sucks his thumb just about every chance he gets.
  • the sound they make while eating their bananas in the morning.
  • that they sign "please" or "more" whenever I prompt them to ask politely for food.
  • the way they run their mouths over their crib rails as if it was a cob of corn.
  • when Tucker makes his fish face.
  • that they wrestle with each other when put in the same crib.
  • the smell of their breath.
  • their slobbery kisses (even Judah's, who ends up biting many times).
  • the way they peek around the corner of the kitchen while sitting in their feeding chairs whenever Papi comes home or the Abuelos have come to visit.
  • the way they "dance" whenever I put some music on that has a beat.
  • the way they stick their faces right up to the red lights on their basketball hoop.
  • how they sit so differently in the stroller when I take them for a walk, i.e. Judah laid back with his thumb in his mouth, usually hanging onto the side with his other hand and Tucker sitting straight up looking from side to side, not wanting to miss a thing.
  • how they light up when other kids are around.
  • the way they'll pick food out of the pocket in their bibs once I've removed the tray as if they have found a hidden treasure.
  • that Judah will give nearly anyone a smile if asked for one.
  • how Tucker sits puzzled for a few moments after he's hurt himself as if to say, "did I just bump my head?"
  • how wonderfully different they are

2 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger Zoanna said...

Oh, this is wonderful. Do keep a running list of more things you love about those little men.

I remember one time when Joel wasabout 13 months old signing for "more". I had my back to him while I stood with the fridge door open. I heard no sound, but when I turned, I saw his little hands over the top of his head, tapping his knuckles together as loudly as he could!

(For those who don'tknow, my Joel is not deaf, so this was hilarious to me.)

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger saurav said...

This is amazing...good job....keep it up...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home