Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Scripture Memory Put To Music

This morning I sat infront of my little men as they ate their breakfast and sang at the top of my lungs "John 3:16", from the Seeds of Faith CD, put out by Provident Distribution Group. I must highly recommend this CD, along with Seeds of Courage. As I sat and sang the words to this precious verse, I was overcome with gratefulness by its truth. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Initially as I sang, I wondered if my neighbors would be irritated because I play our music so loudly when daddy's not home! :) But that thought prompted another thought. All around me are folks who would not appreciate this song, who would not see the wonderful mercy in this verse, who would not claim this verse as their life's only hope. That thought ushered in such gratefulness to my heart that the Lord placed His hand of mercy on my life, apprehended me out of the darkness and brought me into His glorious light. As if that wasn't enough, he gives me the opportunity to daily proclaim his goodness and greatness to my sons, who will one day, by God's grace, receive Him as their Savior. Thank you, Lord.

Let me recommend another resource our family has benefitted from immensely. They are also scripture memory CD's, put out by Forever Grateful Music, scripture memorization songs by Mark Altrogge. There are now 5 CD's out, the newest being The Word of the Cross, fully loaded with the wonderful truths of scripture, put to a variety of styles of music helping young and especially old to commit scripture to memory.

**For those who are not so technically inclined like myself, you can click on the highlighted phrases and you will be taken to another link where you can view and order the materials I wrote about in this entry.

5 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Great resources, Briana. Brought to mind my favorite childhood scripture memory music. Does anyone ever remember "Critter County" by Christine Wyrtzen? Christine Wyrtzen was a Christian artist who began a children's series of stories which came with a book and a tape. Each story ended up illuminating a scripture verse, and there was a scripture song at the end of the story. I still remember some of them to this day! The power of music to embed scripture truths is amazing!

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Zoanna said...

YOu keep singing, friend. And you never know if your song (loud enough for the neighbors) just might ring out at the right time for the person's God has elected.

By the way, I've been wondering if you're coming over Saturday? Did you get my message? It's a pot luck and dress up like someone in your favorite painting (man, woman, child, animal, tree, mountain, it matters not). 11:30.

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Briana Almengor said...

Zo, I'm sorry I didn't rsvp...i think i was holding it loosely and perhaps so loosely, it fell out of my hands. Our plans are still tentative for Sat. We've been moving at quite a clip recently, and our yard/house is suffering as a result. I'll have to talk to Lawrence about it, but I'm thinking I probably won't be there. Can I let you know tomorrow for sure?
AND, I'm not as cultured as the rest of our blogging group. I don't have a favorite artist; I don't know much at all about art. Sorry Danielle.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Zoanna said...

Bri, I understand completely. Even if yard and housework aren't always our idea of a good time on Saturday, there've been times we just have to say, "Gotta do it" and say no to the social stuff. I'll take your final answer as a no unless you tell me otherwise by Friday dinnertime.
I don't know much about art either, not even Renoir! I once thought I was purcashing an entire set of Renoir notecards, only to find out that 2/3 of them were Degas or some French guy I'd never heard of. We'll do another brunch in the fall; lots of people want to come but this is not a doable weekend.

Thanks for replying.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Hey girl. We love those "seeds" cd's too. It is one of few kiddie cd's that doesn't make me want to climb the walls after a while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home