Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Almengor’s Year in Review

Many firsts this last year
Some not preferred, some we cheered!

First food, first steps and the boys first swim
Judah’s first laser treatment, his skin to dim.

The boys were dedicated to the Lord
To grow up under the instruction of God’s Word.

Lawrence started a new job, and Briana began blogging
The events of our lives, she is faithfully logging.

The boys’ 1st birthday, 3 parties in all
Except for a trip to the ER, we all had a ball!

Two trips to the ER, both for Judah
An unexpected health concern, the stress of asthma.

Many trips to Pennsylvania to see family and friends
And also a Sturge-Weber conference we were able to attend!

Bri’s brother gets marries and Lawrence’s brother proposes
To the woman of his dreams, through balloons and roses.

Lawrence and Bri got two weekends away
On one trip, our car broke down and boy did we pay!

Judah’s beautiful brain the MRI displayed
“No evidence of brain involvement,” his neurologist relayed.

A new caregroup at church was entrusted to our care
In this next year, many memories we’re hoping to share.

Another year of challenges, another year of joy,
Another year to see on our behalf God’s faithful hand deployed!

Wishing you a (late) Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,
The Almengor’s

8 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

What a great picture!! I can now "picture" who I'm conversing with!

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Briana Almengor said...

Sorry it's taken me so long to put a pic. on the blog. My hubby is a little leary of having pics. of us on the internet. But, he gave me special permission for this one b/c I wanted to post it so badly. :) As much as I'd like to post pics. of all the wonderfully cute things the boys do and the faces they make, I probably won't be posting them here too often. Sorry. :(

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Libby said...

Bri, what are ya'll sitting in? Looks like a dumpster =)

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Briana Almengor said...

Our idea of fun at my mom and dad's in PA is riding around the yard in what my nephew refers to as the "tractor". My dad's got a great big John Deer and the wagon attachment is to haul stuff, mostly wood, around his huge yard. It doubles as an entertaining ride for the grandkids, too! :) These are the wonderful things that make me a country girl. You can take a girl out of the country, but...

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

I knew exactly what it was, ha ha!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Danielle said...

Briana, in reference to you comment on my booklist post: "The Shaping of a Christian Family" is a great book in general about raising kids from a young age. I could let you borrow it. It's about Elisabeth Elliot's family and though the first half of the book is biographical (how her parents met, etc.) the second half is topical (about child rearing, discipline, spiritual guidence, etc.)

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

You probably don't know me, but I think you may go to my church. I linked here from the LiveJournal of V. Rice, whom I attended Grove City College with. She goes to Lord of Life Chruch and says some of your family still go there. I'm pretty sure I've seen your husband based on the photo you've posted. Do you also go to Chesapeake Community Church? If not, I'm sorry for the mix-up.

Anyhow, I don't like to post my real life name online for security reasons, so I'm not sure why I even posted this. But if I see you in real life some Sunday, I'll say "hi."

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Briana...I am late commenting...but you need to blog too. Thank you as always for "going before" you remind me so much of Christ in your attitude towards so much of your life. You know, we all respond inwardly with disgusting sin, but outwardly God allows us to respond gracefully, and I believe eventually the God-like responses will outnumber the junk spewn out of our hearts. God is good. Gretchen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home