Monday, November 14, 2005

Pumpkin Cookies

This recipe is one from Allrecipes.com originally and is very yummy and easy to make. It's not overkill on the pumpkin either. I am not a huge pumpkin fan, and I had three for breakfast! :)

Pumpkin Cookies: Yields: 3 dozen

1/2 c. shortening (I use butter or marg.)
1 c. sugar
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 t. vanilla
2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 c. butterscotch chips (I used chocolate chips)

Cream sugar and shortening (butter). Add rest of wet ingredients and mix. Add dry ingredients and mix. Stir in butterscotch (or chocolate) chips.
Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

I found I needed to bake at least 10 minutes if not longer. I even forgot about the cookies this last batch that I made and they didn't burn and tasted great despite being in the oven longer than suggested! A great "no fail" cookie recipe for fall!!

ENJOY!

3 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

That sounds like a great one to try! I'll let you know how it turns out.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Danielle said...

Hm, these sound so good! I love pumpkin anything. They remind me of a time when I roomed with four girls and one of them made pumpkin cookies with a glaze (the recipe was little different than yours) and we ate the WHOLE batch on the way to D.C.!

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Nicole Seitler said...

Allrecipes ROCKS! It's my favorite!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home